Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I recently had a radio/sterio system installed. The first

Customer Question

I recently had a radio/sterio system installed. The first time I got it in the water the starter sounded locked up and it wouldn't start. I eventually got it started after many attempts. From then on on that day it fired up every time. I tried starting it a week later and it went back to doing them same thing. I can't get it to start now. The clicking sounds at times comes from the starter and also the relays on the top. Any suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brent, my name is Jason.

Clicking means either low voltage to the starter, or a bad starter. Do you have a hand held volt meter so we can tell which it is.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brent. The website has charged you to speak with me? It looks like you read my reply and logged off without responding back. Did you still need help with this?