Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1996 Sea Doo GTS, I am replace the fuel gauge with

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Sea Doo GTS, I am replace the fuel gauge with a oil light. I found one on line NOS but with different colored wires -- same connections but different color wires. can someone help me make a correlation of the updated wire colors to the 1996 wires.
Thanks Mike
Category: Boat
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to Justanswer.

Initially, can you give me sample photos of your connection and parts that you need to install?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chester,
Thank you for your reply, here is a pic of the new colored wires attached to the gauge in the background, In the forefront of the picture is the colored wires that I need to pair with the colored wires on the gauge.
I can not past the image at all from my IPad, but here is what I have as my stock wire harness that I need the new gauge wires to match up to,
Stock harness- Blue with black stripe
Blue
Pink with Black stripe
Pink
Black
Purple
The new wires on the new gauge are,
Green
Green with Black stripe
Purple
Purple with Black stripe
Red with Purple stripe
Black
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Honestly this is so hard because I don't want to take a risk on your wires. Did you have multimeter and try to check the resistance on every wire. The common wire is black which is ground.