Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a Suzuki DF115 outboard engine and the engine light

Customer Question

I have a Suzuki DF115 outboard engine and the engine light goes on causing the engine to slow down! What do you recommend?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi William, my name is Jason.

The check engine light will flash a pattern indicating a code. Can you check that for me and let me know what code/pattern it is flashing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No flashing pattern code - light simply on accompanied by buzzing!
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Is the oil or over-rev light light at all or are those not lit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

It should be flashing a code, that is the way it normally is supposed to work. because it's not doing what it is supposed to do this isn't something I am going to be able to help you with, and you will need to bring it into the dealer.

Good luck!

Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello William, my name is***** will assist you.

I you havent already done so, replace the water pump impeller. This warning buzzer without a flashing light, could be indicating to you that the engine was hot. The pump is a wear and tear item and should be replaced every tow to three years. You listed your engine as an 08, so it should have already had several impeller changes. After you get it replaced, go out and run the boat to see if the problem is solved.