Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

70 hp outboard alarm 3 beeps then 2 beeps what does this

Customer Question

70 hp johnson outboard alarm 3 beeps then 2 beeps what does this mean?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: oil level is slightly high, about 1/4 inch above the full. engine runs fine. alarm started after switching from one fuel tank to the other. Everything seems OK but the alarm sounds.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I can't think of anything. Today we only started the engine to test it so It was not too hot. Water pump works, i.e. wate comes out of the back.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What is the year and model number on the engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 don't know model number
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Is it a 2 stroke engine or 4 stroke engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how dumb are you? I just told you the amount of oil on the dip stick. Ever seen a two stroke with a dip stick?? Please refund my payment so I can move on. Your model is better than Trump university. You bike millions out of $5 he bikes thousands out of thousands. The result is the same, except who is going to sue for $5.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remember, I want my $5 back. At the beginning I was told it is refundable.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

how dumb are you? I just told you the amount of oil on the dip stick. Ever seen a two stroke with a dip stick??

Apparently I am pretty dumb. Except that you never wrote the word "dipstick" anyplace in your initial question. What you wrote was, and I quote you;

"oil level is slightly high, about 1/4 inch above the full. engine runs fine. alarm started after switching from one fuel tank to the other. Everything seems OK but the alarm sounds."

That is what you wrote, I did not alter it in any way. I simply copy and pasted.

2 stroke engines have oil tanks, and those tanks can be overfilled. But without a model number, which I asked for, I have no idea what engine you have. I do know what your 3-2 code is on the 4 stroke engines. I think at this point you should take the boat to the dealer, let it set for 2 to 3 weeks while you way, and pay 100 bucks or more per hour while they fiddle with it.

Good luck with your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You made a very poor point. An oil reservoir on a 2 stroke 1/4" over. I don't even know how you would Know that. I will take your advice and consult my mechanic.OK do I get my 5 buck back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just talked with my card issuer. You have charged my card but it has not been posted. If it is I will challenge the charges. So do not charge my card. You were already flagged as a possible fraudulent transaction. If you do charge my card you may be bared as a merchant card user. Take notice!