Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1995 Mercury 25 HP no spark. Was parked last year running.

Customer Question

1995 Mercury 25 HP no spark. Was parked last year running. Wiring all good and I disconnected the kill switch ground and nothing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: No spark
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no, I was parked last fall running fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Would you please post the serial number of he engine?

Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I got it. There is no need to open a new question each time, just use the reply to expert button and post there.

How are you checking for spark on the engine?

Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Checked what switches and how did you test spark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was on the line here with 2 mechanics and It asked for My card twice?? What is going on? One dropped off after the card info?
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

It was me either canceling your other questions, or getting you back to this one.

What switches did you test and how did you test for spark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just billed twice for 2 memberships and 2 answers I did not receive, I need a phone number for your billing. THe kill switch and the cowl and the switch on the control arm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will call my bank shortly.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

On every question but this one, you can request a refund. No questions asked.

But in order to get through this question I need to know things that I do not know since I am not there to do it myself.