Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1996 200 EFI that has not been started years. Have

Customer Question

I have a 1996 200 EFI that has not been started for 4 years. Have fire to the plugs and if I put gas in cylinder it will fire. have put new gas in tank and have gas coming thru bulb. what could be the problem.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stanley, my name is Jason.

Are you near the motor now for a quick check?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stanley, I was out when you requested a phone call. Was this something you still needed help with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason please give me a call. Stanley Clark(###) ###-#### *****
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stanley, I can not give you a call unless you pay for it. I wanted to do 1 quick check on the engine first. Pull the engine cover off and hold your hear next to it. Have a helper turn the key to run. Can you hear the high pressure fuel pump kick on for approximately 2 seconds and then turn back off?