Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

1999 mercruiser 350 MAG MPI Audio beep alarm ON 1 sec, then

Customer Question
OFF 2 seconds. JA: Sometimes things...
1999 mercruiser 350 MAG MPI Audio beep alarm ON 1 sec, then OFF 2 seconds.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: gauges show good oil pressure, and good temp. drive cylinder full
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: book says thats what the beep indicates.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Are you near the boat now for a test?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tom
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think i checked on the boxes and signed my life away on this web site again! Got kids waiting - please help

Hi Tom,

If you look at the gear lube monitor there are 2 wires that come out of the bottom of it. Disconnect those and let me know if the alarm contiues, or if it stops.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just a moment

okay

Any Result?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2 tiny wires that i need a very small nut driver for?

You shouldn't need a nut driver, they should just unplug. Are you looking at the gear lube monitor bottle and not something else?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello??\

I'm here. I sent you a reply at 106pm and did not hear back from you regarding that reply, do you not see it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i see it now, but it wasnt there until this recent reply
there is a wire that unplugs a little up from the bottom. there is also a wire with fuse in it. both right next to gear lube bottle. is there something on bottom of bottle? i didnt see. going to look again

There is supposed to be 2 small wires that run right into the bottom of the bottle. If you do not see them, please take a picture of the bottle for me so I can see what you are looking at.

The first picture you sent is the trim pump motor. The 2nd picture is the gear lube monitor. If you look at the bottom of the monitor, you will see a white nut with 2 black wires that come out of it. Trace those wires, and you should find a pair of bullet style connectors where you can unplug them. Unplug those wires and let me know if the alarm stops or not.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
got ya now....lookin
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nope. that did not stop it. The oil pressure gauge appears to be working, but Possibly not a smoothly as i remember
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
oh, and tach is not working

If that did not stop it then you will have to have the engine scanned for codes. I will not be able to help you with this any further. Good luck!

Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician

Hello. My name is Tan.

Here is a chart of the audio warning and their meanings. The alarm is general and can be any of these components in the list failing. This is the reason the engine needs to be scanned.

Tan
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician