Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I have a bass tackier pro 17 with a m push to choke ignition

Customer Question
Good morning my name is...
Good morning my name is ***** ***** have a bass tackier pro 17 with a m push to choke ignition Im not getting any power to my motor or to the instrument panel battery odometer doesn't even move when i turn key on. I went directly to the + - on motor to main battery and engine tuned. Is this my ignition switch. I don't even hear the beep when u turn the key, HELP
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/29/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Steve, my name is Jason.

Have you checked the fuse on the engine yet? Do you have a hand held volt meter, and are you able to take voltage measurements?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Yes I did a + - jumped right ftom battery engine turned over. But when I use the ignition I get nothing batter battery odometer don't even move

Power for the key switch comes from the fuse on the engine. Did you check the fuse on the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Yes

Did you pull it out and look at it, or did you check for power out of it with a volt meter?

Do you have a hand held volt meter, and do you know how to take voltage measurements?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Not really don't really know the hot spots and cold spot to get reading

What kind of questions do you have for me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Going over friend's house to put a voltage meter on it. He thinks it's a bad terminal wire.

If the wiring is all original, and if nobody has monkeyed with it. The flow of power leaves the battery and runs to the engines starter solenoid. It then leaves the solenoid on a smaller red wire, goes through an inline fuse, and then up the harness to the key switch. What you want to do is check for power at the key switch first on the red wire. If you have it there, the key switch is bad. If you do not have it, then you want to back track to the fuse. Does that make sense to you?

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Jason

Hi Steve,

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or leaving a rating for my service. Please keep in mind the website does charge you to speak with me. But they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you until you select a rating for me.

Thanks again,

Jason

Hi Steve, just checking in, were you able to make any progress?

Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic