Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Wre do I run the wires on a1999 searay sundancer from helm

Customer Question

hi wre do I run the wires on a1999 searay sundancer from helm to engine compartment for a lowrance fish finder
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

You will want to run the transducer lead down the STBD side gunnel following the main boat wiring harness. If there is a tube there, make sure that you do get into it, so that you can be clear of the side of the boat. You will need some sort of a snake to feed from the helm to the rear of the boat so that you can pull the transducer plug from the rear of the boat to the helm. Depending on the length of the boat and where you need to mount the transducer, you may need an extension for the cable, it is 20 ft long from the transducer.

if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was really trying to get a specific. Detailed guide for a 1999 26 ft searay dancer
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Remove the panel under the throttle for batter access. Open the door on the stbd side gunnel and look to see if you can see the outer hull. This will give you two points of access when bringing up the transducer cable. You will also need to gain access into the helm to get power and ground for the head unit.

What is the unit that you are installing?

There is no set instructions for installing depth finders as each one is a custom install.