How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tan Your Own Question
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Category: Boat
Satisfied Customers: 10898
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
Type Your Boat Question Here...
Tan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 1998 Mercury 200 EFI and need to change the

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Mercury 200 EFI and need to change the thermostats (I think they were the original ones that came in it) what I need to know is the torc specs, don't know if it;s in/ft. bl or what , either way i need to know the correct amount of torc for that thermostat cover. Can you guy's yelp me? P.S. Do all the mercs of that size or type supposed have that weak of water flow out of the pee hole? Thank you very much for helping me PLEASE E-MAIL BACK AT***@******.*** if you can, thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The 2 screws for the t-stat cover spec is 16.5 ft.lbs.

These engine don't have a strong flow from the tell tale the pump is a volume pump not pressure.

Post back if you need further assistance.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to positively rate me help as that is the only way I get credit for helping you.

Follow up questions are always welcome at no extra charge on this subject even after you have rated.

Thank you.........Tan

Related Boat Questions