Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a Sea Fox 240xt 2013 model. Is the engine start

Customer Question

I have a Sea Fox 240xt 2013 model. Is the engine start battery charged with the plug in the console by there trolling motor batteries or is it separate? If separate wher is it located?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gene. My name is***** engine battery is charged by the engine. There is no plug for the engine battery. The trolling motor batteries have no source from the engine to charge the batteries. So they are 2 different systems.What makes you think there is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you happen to know where th cranking battery is so I can charge it? I've looked everywhere for it. Could it be with the trolling motor batteries or in a separate place? My engine batt is dead!
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Follow the battery cables from the engine. The battery is usually on the stbd. side of the boat rear compartment. It could be with the trolling motor batteries. Do you have 2 or 3 batteries?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like four batteries but I think my trolling motor is 48V. So I don't know where the cranking batt ray is?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok look at the batteries and locate the battery with large battery cables that should be the cranking engine battery. Can you take some pics of the batteries?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a big guy and those batteries are tucked in the center console in a hatch that I don't know how any man could get those out of there.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
That isn't going to be where the engine battery is located. Have you looked in the rea compartment on the stbd side of the boat. The battery is usually close to the engine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll go look again but it's hidden good!! I'll be back. Thanks. Gene
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok.