Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 2000 Ski Sanger 2 barrel carb. JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Ski Sanger 2 barrel carb.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Sorry I got distracted
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: There is no fuel going to my carburetor. I have located the inline fuel pump and was wondering if that is the only fuel pump on my boat
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? What is the make, model or serial number of the engine in the boat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tim
I have a 2000 Ski Sanger Murcruiser 5.0 I had it winterized but when I went to start it last weekend it would not start.
I used some start fluid in the carb and it tried to start. I took the fuel line off and turned the engine over and could not get fuel out of the fuel line. Fuel pump? Is there more than one pump?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim,Mercruisers are cataloged by serial number. Can I get the serial number off of the engine. Once I have that number I can run it and tell you how many pumps the engine has.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there? It's a Sanger V210 if that matters. I am at work and don't have access the the serial numbers. Got any Ideas. I see one inline pump mounted on the port side of the motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a picture of the inline fuel pump I see
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I'm here, sorry, we offer phone service as well and I was on the line with other customer. If the bottom hose on that pump goes directly to the fuel tank then there will not be any other pumps on the engine. Did you have any other questions on the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a terrible help site! All I get is we want more money and waste if time.
Don't even thing about charging me the $5 and I will make sure I spread the word.