How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dominick Your Own Question
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Category: Boat
Satisfied Customers: 1009
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
Type Your Boat Question Here...
Dominick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 1984 sea ray sun dancer it has a what they call

Customer Question

I have a 1984 sea ray sun dancer it has a what they call the heart. I assume it is an inverter with auto control built into it. I have been told it is shot. my question is can I just install a 120 v to 12 Vdc inverter to run my charger for battery and lights etc when on shore power I have been told the heart cost around $3k
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** all you need is a converter that runs on ac voltage and charges the batteries. This will run all the dc circuits and the ac circuits will be run by the shore power.Here is an example of what you need.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
How many batteries do you have?

Related Boat Questions