Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

We have a 2007 250 hp Mercury Verado and the shifter control

Customer Question
box has went out. We...
We have a 2007 250 hp Mercury Verado and the shifter control box has went out. We ordered a new one, with the same part number as the old one and we're wondering if we can hook it up ourselves or does it have to be calibrated to work?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
5/12/2016
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Hello, my name is***** will assist you. the control box does need to be adapted to the command module. This can be done by you if you have a system view for a gauge. Do you have the system view?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't guess we do
this is the systemview.http://www.boatmad.com/forum/f9/mercury-smartcraft-sc5000-systemview-for-sale-5328.htYou could try and plug in the new control box and give it a test while you had the engine running and the boat was on the trailer. Provided that you had water going to the engine. I do know that if in the shop and I install a new control box. I always run the handle adapation to make sure that the boat is safe when it leaves.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Since we had one ordered by the same part number, is there a chance it can be hooked up and work fine?
A chance yes. The bad part is that you will not know until you actually try it. That is why I recommended being on the trailer for the first bit. Nothing worse than an out of control boat on the water.
Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic