Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

When running the live well the humming bird 898 and the radio

Customer Question
they went dead waited 20...
When running the live well the humming bird 898 and the radio they went dead waited 20 minutes and they would turn on again
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It's not a blow fuse because all this stuff comes back on by itself.. Just not sure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I did notice that the switch for the bilge pump and the live well turn past the off spot to turn off and the on is past the on
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
5/8/2016
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Hello Reed. My name is***** is caused by a bad connection due to loose or corroded connections on the power supply to the accessories. Locate the fuse holder at the battery. This will be a red #10 gauge wire twist the fuse holder or wiggle the wires going into the fuse holder when you have the problem. Check all the connections and terminal ends on the battery connections. Also check the grounds to the fuse panel and all accessories. Post back with questions and findings.
Tan
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician