Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

Larry. I have a 1982 Honda BF75 that is not allowing fuel

Customer Question

Hi Larry. I have a 1982 Honda BF75 that is not allowing fuel into the carb...primer bulb is hard and nothing flows. Changed connector and checked all lines for blockage. Don't know what to try next.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you, the problem is that the carbs have block needles and that is why there is no fuel going to the carbs. What you need to do is to remove the carbs and clean them, ideally rebuilding them. If you require instructions on how to perform this operation let me know. Noel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to be sure to do it right...I've done other carbs before, but that was quite a while ago when I last did one. Please give me the instructions for a proper rebuild.
Ok first get a rebuilding kit from your honda dealer, then basically what you need to do is to remove the carbs from the engine, for any linkages you need to remove ideally have photos taken so that it will be easier to reassemble. Once out open all their bowls and remove needles and floats. and any other rubber parts. Put the carb and bowl into a canister with carb cleaner or thinner and leave overnight. Then blow the parts with compressed air especially into the small jets to make sure they are free and clean, Reassemble everything back making sure the float and needle move freely. Now you should be ready to run. Noel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Noel. Any adjustments, such as float level, that I need to check?
Not really, unless you pull it hard and loose all the adjustments. But if need with bowl on bottom the float height is 9.85 - 10.15 mm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help!
youre welcome, if you still require assistance let me know. Noel