Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have twin 150 Yamaha 4 strokes. I start the first engine

Customer Question

I have twin 150 Yamaha 4 strokes. I start the first engine fine but when I start the 2nd the first dies. If I start them both together they stay running.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. I would start by having the batteries load tested and checking connections, next check fuel supply or if you start engine 2 before 1 and this results the same (anotherwords either engine stated first will stall with starting of opposing motor), try slight throttle up for a higher idle on that engine and see if it still stalls. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.