Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Have a Yamaha AR 230 and the check engine light is flashing.

Customer Question
Have a Yamaha AR...

Have a Yamaha AR 230 and the check engine light is flashing. Couldn't find anything in the owners manual on what this warning light was for

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Didn't know it but had sucked in a rope on to the propeller shaft so the engine was probably working hard with the extra friction of the rope tightening on the shaft. Have cut and cleared the rope but now the check engine light is flashing red. Engine seems to be running fine though...

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
4/29/2016
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.The check engine light will flash a code at you. A series of short flashes, followed by a series of longer flashes. What is the code that your light is giving you?