Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have a Yamaha AR 230 and the check engine light is flashing.

Customer Question

Have a Yamaha AR 230 and the check engine light is flashing. Couldn't find anything in the owners manual on what this warning light was for
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Didn't know it but had sucked in a rope on to the propeller shaft so the engine was probably working hard with the extra friction of the rope tightening on the shaft. Have cut and cleared the rope but now the check engine light is flashing red. Engine seems to be running fine though...
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.The check engine light will flash a code at you. A series of short flashes, followed by a series of longer flashes. What is the code that your light is giving you?