Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Replaced fresh water pump in chapparral 246 ssi but noticed

Customer Question

Replaced fresh water pump in chapparral 246 ssi but noticed switch does not light when on and seems to be no power to pump. Also wiper blade switch not working ? Is there a short or could switches be bad and shorting circuit
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. The first thing to check are the fuses/breakers for those systems. Bulbs can go bad as well as the switch itself and thus you will need to use a voltmeter on the switch to confirm power to the switch and through when on, this is also to check correct voltage is getting to the switch. In many cases the switches have a common power to the breakers/fuses then each it's own power to each switch. This means if you only have some and not all this is usually at the breakers/fuses or connection/wiring after on the way to the switch. Power into a switch but not out when on indicates a bad switch. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.