Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I have a 2006 mercury verado . Occasionally when running when

Customer Question
I hit the trim switch...
I have a 2006 mercury verado . Occasionally when running when I hit the trim switch it will either kill the engine like you hit the kill switch or it will quit for a second or two then start running again.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
4/23/2016
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.When this happens, do you notice the voltage on the gauge dropping?What type and size of battery are you using?It this a multi-engine boat?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not see a voltage drop on my panel. I run two group 27 optma batteries and I only run 1 engine
How are the batteries wired? Do you ever run out of power during the day?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my batteries are independent of each other one runs the instruments the other is for the engine. I do not run out of power during the day for the engine. I have a solar charger on the other one.
Ok, typically when you hit the trim and the engine slows down like this it is either a battery or a power problem on the engine. How long have you had this engine?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
from the time it was new in 2006 160 hours max
Great, have you ever had any service bulletins done on it. There were a few.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had the service bulletins done but the boat does not slow down when this happens the engine actually dies.
Ok, I am looking for a certin bulletin about wire chaffing. Do you recall if you had that addressed?
The request failed to go through. Try mine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not that I am aware of.
I tried to accept the phone offer. Failed to go through. Are you near the boat and can remove both the top and lower cowls?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not at the moment. My card company has fraud detection on it and did call and verify that they approved the first 21.00 then declined the next two for 26.00. How many charges do I get
Your question has a set fee, I show it as $26, when you accept the answer that I have came to on your question. But I have not sent one yet. You requested a phone call from me, that is a premium service and would have been an additional $26. The payment did not go through, so I sent you an offer, you must have selected to accept it, but the card denied it. The offer I sent you was for $26, and that would get me on the phone with you directly. So total would be $26 for the question, then $26, for the phone.I do accept return phone calls on he same topic and texts as long as it pertains to this problem.
Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic