Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a Lewmar windlass on my meridian 341. The chain jammed

Customer Question

I have a Lewmar windlass on my meridian 341. The chain jammed on retrieval this morning and a part broke off. It was the spring loaded leaver on the retrieval side of the windlass. The one on the storage side is still intact. I think it was caused because the chain was twisted.
What is that part and where can I get one quickly? It also bent the bolt that holds it. On the p2marine site it looks like it is the arm kit. It looks like a quick and easy replacement but I want to make sure before I order it. Also, can I limp by without it if I can't get one week..
Thoughts?
Thanks! *****
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Someone from the meridian owners site says that it is a Concept 1 windlass.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello John,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. On the concept 1 the arm kit is part number 68000346. You can view a parts diagram here: http://www.p2marine.com/sailing-gear/lewmar/lewmar-windlass-parts-concept-1.shtml Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.