Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2015 crowning with a mercruiser 350 mag,

Customer Question

***** *****, I have a 2015 crowning with a mercruiser 350 mag, when I used to trim the ignition a bell used to come on and I could hear the fuel pump come on, the gas guage does not work either.. Now I hear no bell noise or fuel pump and the engine will not turn over, I have looked at every possible fuse, there seems to be no fuss going to fuel pump any thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes when I turn the key the bell does not ring and I do not hear the fuel pump come on. The engine turns over but will not start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you. The one that that you need to look at is the kill switch on the control. If it is not fully seated in the on position, that will cause this issue. Remove the lanyard from the switch. Cycle the switch several times and them make sure that it is fully in the on position. Aster that, try and start the engine, the fuel pump should come on and the engine should fire.