Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have no fire going to sparkplugs on 70 hp evinrude on all

Customer Question

I have no fire going to sparkplugs on 70 hp evinrude on all 3 cylinders
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the battery is well charge it turn fast power going all the way close to the coils.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Marine Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't know where the reactor is so I can check thank you.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?Can I get the model number on the engine please. Do you have a decent quality digital auto ranging volt ohm meter, and are you able to take resistance measurements? Are you familiar with the components of the ignition system? IE - Stator, trigger, Powerpack and Ignition coils? Are you near the boat now and ready to work?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
It looks like you are having a hard time trying to respond. Please make sure you are logged into the website and responding back through the website. Do not hit "reply" or try to respond to emails that the website sends you. All correspondence is done through the website, and not through email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'am still here , just can't find the model Number I have no testers its 1988 predator it ran last year now there no fire to the cylinders.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I trying to find if there any ground that I need to clean , it turns fast has a good battery , I don't know where reactor is.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
If you don't have a multimeter this isn't something you can fix with my assistance. How is it I can help you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I guess I will have to go with the mechanic in town thank you very much for helping .
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jason.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** you post a pic of the engine? Does this look like your ignition system components? The power pack is # *****?http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1988&hp=70&model=E70TLCCA&manufacturer=Evinrude&section=Ignition+SystemThe engine model number will be on the swivel bracket port side or the transom mount bracket.Disconnect the black/yellow wire from the power pack.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Does this look like your engine? http://forums.iboats.com/filedata/fetch?id=7162833&d=1335156209