Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Etec stalls when putting in gear runs perfect after finally

Customer Question

etec stalls when putting in gear runs perfect after finally stops stalling
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

It sounds like you are saying that once it stays running that putting in and out of gear no longer has an effect of stalling the engine and thus the problem is only cold starting or initial starting. For this I would start by checking the cold and hot compression readings then move on to fuel pressure key on engine off, key on engine running (during problem) and once problem no longer exists as well.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.