Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

How can you replace the gas cap unit on a 1998 sea ray

Customer Question

how can you replace the gas cap unit on a 1998 sea ray express cruser. i have the new oem part.
thanks
chris
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i removed the four screws on top, i'm not sure if the main house has a clamp on it or do i just pull the old cap off. Also the boat is an 215 sea ray express cruser.
thanksChris
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

The screws hold it to the gunwale/deck of the vessel as well as sealant, under it is the filler hose that should be double clamped at the filler unit. In some cases you can lift up and remove these clamps if there is enough slack in the line but if not then one has to go from under which usually means creating an access hole if there is not already one there (such as an insert that can be removed).

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.