Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 95 seadoo speedster that runs great, but when I…

Customer Question
I have a 95...

I have a 95 seadoo speedster that runs great, but when I turn it off the engine gets water in it. It becomes hard to fire and won't start. Once I get it out of the water I'll turn it over for awhile and then it will spit water out the back and after that it will start up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

Not that I can think of.

Mechanic's Assistant: Our top Marine Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Marine Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Marine Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 3 days by:
3/17/2016
Marine Mechanic: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Water is no longer forced into the engine/exhaust/cooling system once the pump is no longer rotating and engine is shut off. This means that you usually already have a problem and compression is either keeping it out or just not noticing the effect while running. The more common problems will be the head having a hole from corrosion allowing water into the cylinders or the manifold allowing water in due to a similar problem.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.