Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

What is the benefit of buying a second hand Beneteau. What

Customer Question

what is the benefit of buying a second hand Beneteau. What can go wrong?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

That all depends on how well the boat was maintained. The first thing you need to do before purchase is have the entire boat surveyed by a qualified surveyor. This means a surveyor that can survey the rigging and all sailing components. Then the entire hull along with the engine. Being the age of this boat 28 years you could have allot of things that could go wrong. I have been on sail boats where the person purchased the boat without having a full survey and lost the mast and all the rigging due to failing rigging hardware. So allot depends on how the boat was maintained.

The survey is a must and the rigging is the most important on a boat of this age.

Post back with questions and concerns.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tan thanks for that. I have heard that the Beneteau do have problems with the bolts that hold the keel. The owner says he has not had this problem. Could this only exist in newer models?
Max
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

I can't be sure on your model but it is very possible due to the age of the boat alone. It is something that needs to be inspected.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to positively rate me as that is the only way I get paid for helping you. If you don't positively rate me the company keeps all the money and I get nothing.

Thank you........Tan

Follow up questions are always welcome at no extra charge on this subject.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that .
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome................Thank you Tan