Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I replaced my 6 gal portable gas can with 13 gal permanent…

Customer Question
i replaced my 6 gal...
i replaced my 6 gal portable gas can with 13 gal permanent under back deck on bass tracker. Can has vent through gas cap or separate fitting to vent out. There are 2 vents in deck approximately 2" diameter. There is a 9 x 9 hole between seats that also ventilates the underdeck area. Do I need to actively vent this back area or is there enough free air. Also under deck are the two batteries and fuses and bilge and livewell pump. I tried reading the code compliance and am now more confused.
Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
3/6/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Rob, my name is Jason.

Can you take a picture of your new tank for me so I can see how it sits in the boat?