Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a optimax 200hp without any alarms dropping RPM to…

Customer Question
Hi, i have a...

Hi, i have a optimax 200hp without any alarms dropping RPM to 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have code 75 fuel level 1 ircuit high

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
3/4/2016
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Was there any other codes that came up at all?

What year is the engine?

SmartCraft Gauges?

Year 2001 no smart craft gauges.
The RPM cut off at 2,500-3,000.

Thanks,

Do you hear the alarm test beep when you turn the key on?

i hear the alarm when i turn the key on. The other codes is #82 oil level sensor high and #94 pitot pressure circuit

Ok, those are all generic codes and nothing to worry about. Do you have a scanner, or a print out of a scan?

i have scanner.

Look at the fault history, see if and when a Neutral overpseed occurred, and if the hour stamp on it was during the last hour of run time.

Don't have neutral overspeed

Is there any item of interest in the history?

Does the scanner shoe live data for gear position?

No, only the codes I said. Yes the scanner do live data.

Ok, switch over to live, look at the shift position. Then without starting the engine, shift the handle, you may need to spin the prop slightly to get it to go in. Do this a few times slowly, and make sure that the switch is reacting.

What is your current battery voltage?

I not in the boat right now. But the battery are perfect.

I am going to need to k ow about the switch, and the running voltage on the engine. Both of which can slow the engine down.

Battery voltaje- 12.59
Power 1- 5.01
The engine run fine but if we accelerate more at 3,000 rps its do the fail

Is that the stored voltage from the report? Was the engine running then?

the shift switch cuts in between 2500 and 3000 RPM. That is why I need you to test it. Along with that, so does the low oil, and the overheat protection.

That is the storage voltage with the engine off. I need to test the shift swith.

Ok, When do you plan to be at the boat? There are no time limits here.

I go to the boat monday

Great, On the weekdays, I am on the site in the eve. I am also here for most of the day on the weekends.

Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic