Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I have yamaha f60 TLR. I bought a new thrust washer.

Customer Question
I have yamaha f60 TLR...
I have yamaha f60 TLR. I bought a new thrust washer for propellar. Problem: the thrust washer doesnt fit onto shaft because the splines on the thrust washer hit the smooth part of the shaft. Thrust washer part number is ***** Is it possible cabelas sold me wrong part number?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
2/25/2016
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Are you running the stock aluminum prop? Which was did you install the thrust washer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Stock prop yes, grooved out side of thrust towards motor

So you had the extended lip toward the prop?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There isn't an extended lip. On inside of the thrust washer there is splines on half and smooth on the other side. I put the smooth side towards motor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Identical

And you installed it with that lip going to the gear case?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is short of going tight to the seal. Staying away approx. 1/4".

How far did it hold the prop off?

Was the old one the same way?

Was the gear case recently resealed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Old one wasnt on there. I noticed play in the prop after purchasing boat and i took it apart. Previous owner had a spacer there, identical to the spacer at the castle nut.

the other one is actually for the discharge end of the prop.

When this one on the shaft, how far is the prop from the end of the gear case?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When the discharge one was on the it allowed the prop to close to housing and rubs it. Actually wore a grove in prop

So how about the new one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need it approx. To go on 1/4" more. Tempted to tool the thrust washer and remove splines

Can you please post a pic of the end of the prop and the end of the gear case? I would like to take a look at it.\

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am on my cell, cant figure it out

We have other ways as well.

Do you see any wear on the end of the prop?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not on interior
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Probably cant send me number to text pix?

Is there a brand or part number on the prop?

Is the prop hub flush with the opening on the prop?

I sent you a phone offer. With that we would move to the phone in a voice conversation, and we could also test.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, the prop is also short of the prop housing same distance

Even without the thrust washer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Without washer is too tight it doesnt rotate

Yamaha prop?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looks to be.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No.

You may want to try this one as it does not look as deep as the other one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks anyway

Your welcome.

Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic