Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

When I try to assemble my Lewmar Pro 1000, I have trouble…

Customer Question
Hello, When I try...
Hello, When I try to assemble my Lewmar Pro 1000, I have trouble putting the two little round cylinder keys onto the shaft indents and then fitting the cone over them. They fall out of place easily. What is the procedure to fit the outside cone over the shaft with two keys in place? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
2/25/2016
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

When you have the cap off, turn it upside down and apply just a touch of sticky grease to the holes of the pins, install the pins into their holes. Then install the cone cap The grease will act as sort of a binder and hold the pins in place.