Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

2000 40 hp how to remove lower to replace water pump

Customer Question
2000 johnson 40 hp how...
2000 johnson 40 hp how to remove lower to replace water pump
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
2/24/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Brian, my name is*****'m attaching a ink to a parts diagram. Click on the link and let me know when you have it up and you can see it.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BRP/JOHNSON/2000/J40PLSSM/SHIFT%20LINKAGE/parts.html

i see the parts diagram

before I get to deeper did you disconnect the shift rod?

You did disconnect the shift rod and it still will not drop? Is that correct?

do you mean both ends

There is only 1 end that is disconnectable.

You wrote that you did disconnect the shift rod... .What exactly did you disconnect?

I need to re check on motor will get back tomorrow

Okay, let me know.

I disconnected shift rod that is connected shift cable. the diagram does not match my motor. a manual I have says to remove the shift rod screw, which I can not find.

The screw is tucked underneath of the carb. If you are facing the front of the motor, what you want to do is look in under the carb on the right hand side. Have a helper move the shifter back and forth while you peek in there with a flash light, and you will see it. Its hard to get to so you will really have to look for it.

...