Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1976 evinrude that runs great .. i just do not see

Customer Question

i have a 1976 evinrude that runs great .. i just do not see any water streaming out ... as if the pump is gone... i have people saying that that model cycles its water out at the foot..???? idk do you?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan. Is the overheat alarm going off?

When was the last time you had the water pump serviced? These engine don't really spit out allot of water out the exhaust ports at the back of the engine and there is no tell tale. So all you can do is run the engine and if the alarm doesn't sound it isn't over heating. The only way to verify the engine temp is with a infra red temp gun. Do reqular water pump maintenance and replace thermostat.