Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Have a 200 venom and the trim is stuck in the up position.

Customer Question
Have a 200 Johnson venom...
Have a 200 Johnson venom and the trim is stuck in the up position. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
2/20/2016
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician

Hello. My name is Tan.

Try opening the manual release valve. Turn the valve 4-5 turns counter clockwise. The engine should drop down tighten screw and run trim up and down then check the fluid level # ***** is the fill cap. The manual release valve # ***** is on the side of the trim pump.http://www.marineengine.com/parts/evinrude-johnson-parts-diagrams/JOHNSON/52802.gif

If this doesn't look like your trim unit I will need the complete engine model number to get correct diagram.