Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I accidentally but not more than 1 cup of 2 cycle oil in my…

Customer Question
I accidentally but not more...
I accidentally but not more than 1 cup of 2 cycle oil in my 2007 2-up Polaris 4-stroke. I ran it 49 miles with no prob. Didn't realize I was supposed to have used 4-stroke oil. My husband had a" stroke" over it!! Have I damaged anything???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The 1 cup of 2-stroke oil was added to already existing 4-stroke oil in my Polaris snowmobile.ran it 40 miles just fine. Is the dilution good enough to cont using my snowmobile?
2/14/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Colleen. My name is Jason.

There are never any guarantees, but if it was only 1 cut of 2 stroke oil that was added to the engine "chances are" you will be okay. But you would definitely want to give it a good oil change before using it again.

Did you have any further questions on the issue, or was that your primary concern?

Jason

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason