Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Tan my name is .I recently changed the gear box seals on my…

Customer Question
Hi Tan my name...

Hi Tan my name is ***** ***** changed the gear box seals on my 25 hp evinrude 1996 HE L EOR, smae time cjhecked water pump looked ok reassembled and tested had cooling water from outlet, restarted 2 days later no water at outlet is it possible for the thermostat to suddenly die, if the thermostat has frozen shut would this stop the water flow regards ken

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What further info would you require

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
2/3/2016
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician

Hello Ken.

Thermostat won't affect the water outlet discharge.

Anytime you have the lower unit off and the pump disassembled you knock corrosion loose. The corrosion can get in the outlet can clog. Remove the outlet hose from the engine nipple # ***** where it attaches to the engine. Clear the fitting and start engine you should have water. If you do then reattach hose. That should fix your issue. If it doesn't post back with findings.http://www.marineengine.com/parts/evinrude-johnson-parts-diagrams/JOHNSON/49911.gif