Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

MDA6 water in oil and blowing out breather any thoughts head…

Customer Question
MDA6 water in oil and...
MDA6 water in oil and blowing out breather any thoughts head gasket was replaced 2 years ago engine run fine except for water
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
1/31/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Eric, my name is Jason.

It sounds like the piston rings are worn out. When ever oil comes out of the breather what that means is there is to much compression and combustion pressure leaking past the piston rings, into the crankcase, and finally out of the breather. How many hours are on the engine? Do you have the means to compression test it?

It is water coming out the breathr and water in the oil

If you are getting a lot of water in the oil then the head gasket can definitely be bad. In the shop we would do a compression test first just to see what it looks like, and then pull the head afterwards.

Do you have any further questions on the issue?

would recommend a teardown after water in oil or change out the gasket

You never want to take anything apart that you don't have to, so I would do just the head gasket, and see what it looks like first when that is removed.

Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic