Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

The no on the freeze plug on my outboard is G3285558 what…

Customer Question
the no on the freeze...
the no on the freeze plug on my Johnson outboard is G3285558 what year is it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/30/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Darryl, my name is Jason

The only way to date a Johnson outboard is by the model number. The only way to "get close" is by comparing it to the parts manuals and see which looks similar. Without a model number I wont be able to tell you what year it is. But do you have a couple of pictures of it. If I can see it I can give you and idea of the years that it was made.

no I don't have any pics, all I know at this point is its two cyl.

There are no time limits here, do you want to get pictures and get back to me?

no, but thanks. I was more curious than anything.
I'll wait till a later date and try again.

I didn't accept the phone request simply because there is nothing I would be able to tell you over the phone. I would need either pictures or a model number to date it. If you can get me pictures I can tell you the years the engine was made. But without it, this isn't something I am able to help you with.

no thanks, ***** ***** want a call.