Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

60 hp "2000" idles fine at first after bringing it up to

Customer Question

60 hp "2000 " idles fine at first after bringing it up to half to full throttle it boggs down nd dies. Hard to restart. I replaced the gas completely ( thier was water ) I replaced the fuel pump. Thank you 4 ur help
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Randy, my name is Jason

Is this engine a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke, Mercury made both that year. If you have the serial number on the engine handy so I can run it that would be best.

Next, what is the story on the outboard? Was it sitting a long time? When did it last make full power?