Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

1988 Four Winns with a 5.7 OMC and after it idles it dies. I…

Customer Question
1988 Four Winns with a...
1988 Four Winns with a 5.7 OMC and after it idles for awhile it dies. I have rebuilt the carb and same problem. Running on plane I have no problem.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
1/22/2016
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Bob, my name is Jason.

When it does does it start right back up? Have you looked down the throat of the carb as it is actually dying to see if it is flooding out?

It will not start backup. I will be useing it on the 30th and will look to see if it is flooding out. I have another boat that did the same thing years ago and all I did was lean the carb alittle and no more problem since so I thought I would try that on this one.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi Bob, I will send you the offer for phone service. If you accept it I can give you a ring in the next couple of minutes.

-Jason

Hi Bob, just checking in. Any progress?

Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic