Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have an evinrude e-tec 75hp 2004. When I am trying to

Customer Question

I have an evinrude e-tec 75hp 2004. When I am trying to crank it want start it is like stuck or something, so I decided to give direct current to the starter and it started, so I thought it's a wireing problem and I have changed the wires from the battery to the motor but without having any results
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. First thing to check is the main power fuse on the engine, normally located in the top fuse box. If that is ok then make sure the engine is properly in neutral position. If everything is ok then the problem you have is the starter solenoid which most probably is stuck.

If you require further assistance let me know.

Noel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Noel the fuse is ok and it is neutral I have changed the solenoid but nothing happened, it is like it's trying to crank with a half battery. I have new 100ah batteries I have bought them new in January.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Noel the fuse is ok and it is neutral I have changed the solenoid but nothing happened, it is like it's trying to crank with a half battery life. I have new 2x 100ah batteries I have bought them new in January. The flywheel is turning but not at the speed it should so it is not starting, it is like there is a lot of compresion in the engine but when I removed the sparkplugs the starter didn't seem to be turning at the speed it should be. I checked the starter with an electrician and he sad it looks ok,

Ok so when you gire direct current to the starter it is starting? And are you giving direct voltage from a battery or bypassing the solenoid? If you are using a direct wire from the battery then it looks like the positive wire from the batt to the engine is either corroded or broken from inside. Try substituting this wire with the one you are using to go direct and see if it will turn ok. Just pass it externally to try without removing the old one and if ok replace it.

Noel