Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

My Parmax 82400 cycles on every few minutes. I have triple

Customer Question

My Parmax 82400 cycles on every few minutes. I have triple checked for leaks and can find none. I am now thinking of the pressure sensor or switch. Any trouble shooting procedures / checks I can do? The info I have been able to locate online is very slim.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Click this link to pull up a diagram - http://www.pumpvendor.com/Jabsco_82400-0092_parts.html

The pressure switch is what turns the pump motor on and off. It's the job of the check valve portion of the pumps valve body to maintain water pressure within the pump, and keep water from draining back to the storage tank. The most likely issue here is there is some mineral buildup on the check valves, and that is what is causing water to leak back to the tank. (causing the drop in pressure and causing the pump to turn on)

That being said. It's a 140 dollar pump. In the shop labor would outweight the cost of the pump, so we wouldn't screw around with it and we would simply replace the pump. However, if you are working on this yourself and your labor is free..... You could try getting a jug of basic white vinegar, and plumb the pump so it draws from jug of vinegar, circulates through the pump, and dumps it back into the jug. And just let it run. Vinegar does a fairly decent job of dealing with mineral buildup. If that doesn't do it, you can order a replacement valve body. That runs about 30 bucks and you can order it from the above link.

Does that all make sense?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I noticed no rating was put through so I just wanted to check in and see if you had any further questions on the issue. Please keep in mind the website has already charged you to speak with me, but they will not credit me for helping you out until that rating is complete. If there was anything else by all means feel free to ask.

Thanks again,
Jason