Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2011 Yamaha F100. I have just noticed that the fuel

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Yamaha F100. I have just noticed that the fuel level indicator is blinking, even though no fuel management system was installed, and I know the tank was full. What could cause this? Also On the my last trip the speed failed to show on the gauge ( I imagine this is the clear plastic tube connected to the rear of the gauge, which is connected ).
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you with this.

For the fuel level, the gauge is reading that the float has failed or is unplugged. reconnect it at the tank and that should stop blinking.

For the speed, there is a small hole on the leading edge of the gear case, this is where the pressure to activate the speed come in from. As you are boating, and debris that you may have run over would find its way into this hole and plug it up. To clear it, take a small drill bit and some locking pliers. Use the bit to clear the debris from the hole. Then used compressed air to check your work on it.