Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I have a 1995 6 hp.it ran perfectly when run 4 months ago.

Customer Question
I have a 1995 Johnson...
I have a 1995 Johnson 6 hp.it ran perfectly when run 4 months ago. if I spray gas into the carberator it turns over then dies.i have checked for fuel to the bowel okay.from there it does not seem to spray into the carbarator.what can I do next.frank
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/8/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Frank, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If you are getting fuel to the fuel bowl, and if the engine runs when you spray starting fluid into it. The problem is going to be the carburetor is clogged up, not flowing fuel form the fuel bowl into the engine. The carb will have to come off and be rebuilt. On something like this it isn't to bad, about 1.5 hours labor from start to finish. So it should run you less than 150 bucks to have fixed.

Do you have any further questions on the issue?

thanks.thats what I thought.

You are very welcome and I was glad I could help.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Hello, just checking in. I see no rating has been put through yet. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic