How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jason Your Own Question
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Category: Boat
Satisfied Customers: 15629
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
Type Your Boat Question Here...
Jason is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Looking at buying a 2011 Sea Ray 270 SLX. MarineMax is the

Customer Question

Looking at buying a 2011 Sea Ray 270 SLX. MarineMax is the seller (took it in on a trade for a newer model). How do I find a qualified mechanic to do a complete survey (who is not connected to MarineMax)?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Your best bet would be to hire a mechanic form another Mercruiser dealership to go and have a look at the boat. Do you have any other Mercruiser dealers near where you live? If you are unsure, let me get your zip code and I can look it up for you.

Also, are you looking to have the hull surveyed, the engine surveyed, or both? I ask because they are 2 different specialties done by 2 different people

Related Boat Questions