Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Mr Kergan, i have a 2007 searay 260 w 350 bravo mag. After

Customer Question

Mr Kergan,
i have a 2007 searay 260 w 350 bravo mag. After hitting a submerged post my steering failed. I inspected and saw the steering arm had cracked and separated from the outdrive. the crack was just inside of the transom. Dealer wants 6k to fix claiming they must pull engine and transom (and they want to rr the transom) is this seem necessary just to replace the steering arm?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

That info you received is correct as per the repair, and there is potential for further costs as once it is removed more damage unseen can sometimes be found. It's unfortunate for sure and is high in labor time for this repair.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.