Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a Perkins marine diesel 170 hp. Need to replace turbo

Customer Question

I have a Perkins marine diesel 170 hp. Need to replace turbo shaft looks is broken in two pieces will like to know whitch is the correct one or if I can go the distance with one that can be compatible and more boost with out breaking the limits that in the future can affect the engine
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

To locate the correct parts I would need the complete model of the engine.

See here as an example of one parts site: http://dieselevante.biz/turbo-spare-parts/

You will get the shaft on a wheel and will want to also replace the other wheel (intake/exhaust), you may inquire into a different wheel but know there is always a trade off to some degree.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.