Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Wow cool. I jave a 70 hp that will not take s jump but

Customer Question

Wow cool. I jave a 70 hp Johnson that will not take s jump but
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Could I get the complete engine model number please?

What seems to be the problem?

I only got part of your problem it stopped with but?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 1976 Johnson 70 hp outboard. It used to start then when I put it in gear it would stall. Now after trying to start it 20 times and go it no longer cranks. All you hear is a click I bought a bat charger tried to jump starter motor everything but nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the lights and bilge always worked but motor is unresponsive and all u hear is a click when I turn key
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a volt meter do do some voltage tests?

Have you checked all the battery cable connections are they clean and tight?

Clicking solenoid is either low voltage, bad connection or bad solenoid.

When you crank on an engine allot the cables will get hot and you will loose continuity causing the clicking.

Do these checks and post back with findings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not satisfied with my answer I read that on Internet. Please refund money. No offence
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

I have no idea of what you have done to help so your input would help I'm not a mind reader.

How am I supposed to know what you have done. All you did was give me symptoms and no explanation of what you have checked. I can fix your problem if you want help otherwise good luck. Communication is everything here. So what am I supposed to do with what you have told me and nothing of what you have checked.

As I explained you have a voltage issue. We need a meter to find the problem.

Can you even answer any of my questions?

Good luck I guess you don't want any help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have S meter I'm not an expert. I said the battery works. You say check cables don't know what that means. I don't doubt your credentials but I was looking for a way I can fix it. I just have to get s mechanic over there. Please process refund. I'm done. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want a refund. End of story. No more of this please give me back my money now like it promises on the site thanks