Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1978 honda 4 stroke 7.5 hp outboard motor and it

Customer Question

i have a 1978 honda 4 stroke 7.5 hp outboard motor and it starts up and idles fine. but when i throttle it up it produces a decent amount of white smoke and stalls after a little bit
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned the carb and fuel pump is operational. Fuel lines are full and new primer bulb and full lines are put on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It originally didn't have all this smoke when it first stalled and seems to be getting worse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also noticed a change in performance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you, did you check if your crancase is overfilled with oil? If it is oil will seep into the cylinder and thus the white smoke and the loss in performance.

Thanks,

Noel