Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

Accidentally reversed polarity on my classic 50 45 hp. What

Customer Question
to look for?...
Accidentally reversed polarity on my classic 50 45 hp. What to look for?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

The voltage regulator portion of the engines charging system will have smoked, and you will need a new one of those. If you tried to start the engine the main fuse would blow. But those would be the only 2 items. Possibly a fuse, and definitely a new voltage regulator.

Do you have any further questions on the issue?

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Was there anything else?

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but they have not credited me for helping you out because no rating has been put through yet. Did you have any further questions on the issue, was there anything else, or something I missed?

Thanks,

Jasosn

Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic